"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Finally.  I'm home!  Last weekend I moved to a small apartment in the same town The Ranch is in.  I'm so in love with it.  The apartment is beautiful, the surrounding 130 acres that the land lord owns is beautiful, and it has one of the best views I've seen!  It's a good, grounding vision that I see every morning, afternoon, and night.  

It also feels very good to be settled.  I haven't felt settled in about a year.  It's been a long year because of that.

Work is going well.  Haying is officially done.  I did not get a count on the last haying, but it unfortunately got rained on after some mechanical difficulty.  It was given to a neighboring farmer who in exchange will give The Ranch six hours of milling lumber.  Now we'll just break down the equipment, prep it for winter, and get some other projects together that need to get done before winter comes.  And believe me, the list is long.

I should be blogging more now that I have consistent (I hope) internet.  But rugby has started!  We had our first game yesterday, won 55-5 against Morris, NJ.  It was a fantastic start to the season.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're feeling settled! Can't wait to see your new digs eventually!

    ReplyDelete