"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Geesh!

Geesh! I have not been very good at this lately have I?  

Transition is in the air at The Ranch.  Crew change has happened, so I have two new crew leaders.  Luckily I have one who I've been working with the past 6 months - my new niche.  I'm excited about the change, though it's adding more crazy to the crazy.  The old niche on the crew had been in the same position for two years.  He was difficult to work with though helpful too.  But in the end I'm happy he's gone - the negatives of working with him kind of out weighed the positives.

As I stated, it still has been pretty crazy around The Ranch...I don't know when it'll settle down, but I hope soon.

Besides transition and craziness, there's not much going on.  We sent our one lamb off to the butcher.  We started to clean our farm headquarters which I'm actually super excited about.  What is it about old men farmers?  Every farmer I've worked for or taken over for have been absolute pigs (though not really because pigs are really neat animals); they can't keep things organized for the life of them.  And November will brings sheep breeding, and I'm hoping that the Ram is a little more successful that last year - he only bred 2 out of 9 sheep. He has grown and is looking good, but so have our ewes.  Really.  Our ewes are fat.  And it's not like I gave them grain all summer - I gave them none!  They are just chubby mcchubbersons.  Hopefully they'll get bred.

Enjoying a relaxing weekend and plan on taking part of a New England tradition tonight - Contra Dancing.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  I'm a little nervous but supposedly this is the best, friendliest dance in Vermont.  I'll let you know if those facts are true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment