"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding Extravaganza

I apologize!  It's been 13 days since I last wrote an entry.  Things have been a little crazy (that's always the excuse right?)

Last weekend one of my dearest friends on the earth got married.  The week was chaotic and the wedding was beautiful. Watching her the day before the wedding, I felt pure happiness for her.  She was marrying the love of her life.  I have never seen her look so happy, or so lost in the clouds as she did Saturday.  The bride and groom also have an amazing group of friends that are hopefully my new friends too!

This weekend brought up a lot more for me than I thought it would.  I hope that one day I can be in the same situation as her.  I'm not crying in my room at night because I'm not in a relationship, but what a beautiful thing it is to be able to share your life with someone else.  I've known plenty of people who have gotten married (especially this summer.  Really, is there something in the water?)  But watching two people you know so well make that decision and go through the process, it fills me with happiness and loneliness at the same time.

Meanwhile, I'm back in VT trying to make hay but it keeps raining, getting ready for another move, trying to figure stay how to make the farm more meaningful for the residents, and trying to see what my next steps with my own life should be.  I know, I just got this job.  But being so involved in this weekend has made me see somethings.  Yes I am single and there is no potential relationship in sight for me.  Instead of fighting back feelings that I'm missing something out of my life, why not embrace it?  Some legitimate traveling could be in my future.  I won't go into detail here because I have a lot to think about.  But why not consider it when I have no one to "think about" except for myself?  And of course Bravo, but he's pretty much attached to my hip after the experience in NY.  We'll see what the future holds.

Here's my toast to the beautiful bride and groom from this past weekend.  Enjoy!



Hello Everyone!  My name is Angie, and I am the Maid of Honor for the beautiful bride Deirdre. 



Deirdre and I met the summer before freshman year of college when we were roommates during a summer program at UVM.  We became pretty instant friends.  I blame her for last 9 years of multiple injuries from rugby, as she was the one that got me playing.  Without Deirdre, I don't think I could have made it through my undergrad.  She was my constant support through tough classes, boy drama, and decisions that would affect the future. 



Some people may wonder how a mathematician and an archeologist are compatible.  Or maybe it was just me that giggles over that idea.  After dusting out some cobwebs (and the internet), it was some rules of math that helped me make a little more sense of this wedding we are celebrating today.



There is a rule called the commutative property of addition – A + B is the same as B + A.  There is also one for multiplication – A x B is the same as B x A.  These answers are constant – no matter how the equation is written, the value is always the same.  2 + 1 and 1 + 2 always equals 3.  Deirdre + Andy and Andy + Deirdre = Love.  I know, it's corny.  But I could have also sang Paula Abdul's “Opposites Attract”, but you don't want to listen to me sing. 



Dig a little deeper into the cheesiness.  It's the idea, the constant.  No matter how you put Deirdre and Andy – no matter where they go, what they decide to do with their lives together, the value will not change. 



There is no denying that this property goes beyond a math class for you both.  I am so happy for you.  So happy that you both have been able to find that other part of the your equation to create that constant.   
  




1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it, I was wondering what the finished product sounded like--proud of you, friend!

    ReplyDelete