"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Grow Garden Grow!

It was a crazy week last week.  And a nice relaxing weekend (more haying probably should have been done.  Saturday wasn't the best though, some rain.)  I got to spend Saturday with some dear, dear friends camping.  Let me tell you, I am not the biggest fan of camping.  But this was actually quite fun!  I think I just have to have the right gear with me.  Which is basically my yoga mat as a sleeping pad.  Made all the difference in the world!  I'm also hoping to buy a fishing rod and get a license.  I have gone fishing a few times and love it every time!  I'll keep you posted on that - and maybe even catch you dinner sometime! 

I went to my garden today, which is doing quite well.  I don't like being so far away from it, but it is what it is.  Together my Dad and I are getting some veggies to grow!  I picked three cherry tomatoes, probably could have picked some lettuce but I think I'll wait a few more days for that.  I'm a little worried about my regular tomatoes, but we'll have to see how it all progresses.  Everything else seems to be doing well!


Work is going well. I'm really starting to get organized again, which feels good.  It has been a slow start for me with this job for some reason - usually I'm right on top of it!  I think my motivation is finally coming back.  I've started a pasture rotation spreadsheet for the brood cows, so next year I can have an idea on how we moved the cows.  It's fun getting to know the pastures - what grasses are growing, how fast the cows went through it, how long it takes for it to grow back.  Hoping for some soil sampling this fall too!  I'll be doing the same spreadsheet for our yearling cows and sheep too, though the sheep is a little bit easier.  

I wonder what this week shall bring?  I'm hoping for more hay, building a new picket fence, and sending our wool off to be turned into yarn.  I'll keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment