"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hey...Hay!

Finally, some normal summer weather.  Though I should knock on wood because who knows how long it'll last.  

Haying our last field which is 11.4 acres.  Our biggest one, so I'm taking it into parts, though I'm doing two thirds today.  We'll hopefully pick the hay up Monday and Wednesday.  Thought it's suppose to be out of control humid on Monday, so it might wait until Tuesday...  I'd mow the second third tomorrow but friends are coming to town - woo woo!

image.jpeg
This field is all tedded out.  Tedding  sweeps the rows out so it's a thinner layer across the grown.  It dries fast this way.  We'll ted again tomorrow, then rake it into rows and bale on Monday!











Me smiling, even though I have another two hours at least on the tractor.  Just happy to be getting some hay down with this good weather!  Though I don't know how people can stay on the tractor so long - close to four hours already today, and some people out west are on there for much longer than that!  Thank goodness for the Northeast and their hills and woods.  Means tiny fields for farmers.











And look what I found in the field.  I don't know where this could have come from.  Perhaps it was a lightening strike?  We have had some pretty nasty storms this summer.  That thought is terrifying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment