"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Where Does the Time Go?

Seriously?  It's already Thursday.  And today marks my three month anniversary at The Ranch.  Geesh.  I feel as though I've been here forever.  Actually, yes and no.  Sometimes I feel that I'm still treated like the "newbie", particularly by one of the other Crew Managers.  I don't think he intends too, but it's a little irritating.  Don't you know I worked at The Farm for three years?  I understand how one minute I may feel like I have ten residents working with me, and the next thing I know I have two.  I understand that plans don't always work out.  You don't have to show me an example about how your day was perfectly planned and then you lost half your crew.  I get it.

Ok, venting done!

I'm still struggling a little internally, trying to figure out how to really make my crew good for residents.  Today we started building a picket fence.  People really got into it.  I like doing projects where people can see something come together, where they know that they put something together.  I know I can't always have that, but it seems more obvious on the Farm Crew than any other crew to me.  What to do, what to do?  But I am proud of myself that I led the crew all by myself today, especially with a carpentry project.  The Shop Crew Manager did help me out, so I can't take all the credit.  I learned something new today, and now will be able to do it again on a different project. 

I'm enjoying my time at The Ranch none the less.  I enjoy having flexibility to play rugby, to take a class (which I applied to CCV today!  Woo woo!)  I enjoy being close to my parents.  I do miss my friends in MA, I wish I could be closer to my rugby team, and I wish I lived in a place a little more busy.  But, it's where I'm suppose to be right now, the step I need to go on to something else, whatever that may be.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment