"To be fearless isn't really to overcome fear. It's to come to know it's nature."

About Me

My photo
The journey of a single woman, farming and living life without judgement.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

TGIF

I apologize for not writing in so long!  Time goes by quickly sometimes.

How Am I Trusting?

My housing situation is a little rocky.  Not currently, and it's not even really rocky.  I'll be moving into a nice once bedroom apartment in town that I'm super excited about.  The land lady though, has a reputation of anxiety issues, and in turn tries to be controlling.  I'm nervous about that.  But right now I don't have any other options, and just have to trust that, well, something will work.  What else do I have?

 How Am I Grateful?

I'm grateful for being at The Ranch.  What a wonderful, supportive place.  I have not felt that way in a number of years.  

How Am I Inspired?

I am inspired by farming.  I so desperately want to use farming as a way for a person to connect with their own body, to connect to nutrition, to connect to their capabilities, and to connect to others.  I have been reading so much about veterans committing suicide because of PTSD, depression, and other mental illnesses.  These soldiers are not getting the support they need.  I want to help.  How?  I'm inspired to figure something out.   

How Am I Practicing Faith?

I had a nice conversation with my supervisor on Thursday.  We usually meet to update each other.  She gave me a very nice comment, talking about I have a quiet confidence that she was unsure about when I first started.  But as she has seen me work and has gotten to know me she's excited about me being there and that I'm a great fit for The Ranch.  She continued saying how I have a calm presence.  I told her a little bit of my history at The Farm and how when I left I made a decision that I would not get to that emotional point again.  That I started meditating and reading (Brene Brown to be exact!).  My work on myself has turned me into a different person, and how I continue that work today.  She was very surprised to hear all that, and said that I will be a great example for residents on learning that emotional control.  

It was a great feeling, both being recognized by someone who doesn't know me as well as other people.  And that I know that my hard work is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment